(636) 777-7100Ronald J. Sherstoff, DMD 2 West Drive, Suite 110 Chesterfield, MO 63017
WHAT IS INVISALIGN?
Invisalign is the invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces. Invisalign uses a series of clear, nearly undetectable, removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets. It has been proven effective in clinical research and in orthdontic practices nationwide.
HOW DOES INVISALIGN WORK?
You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position Our Doctor has prescribed. You’ll visit us about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned. Total treatment time averages 9-15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
Invisalign can help you get the great smile you’ve always wanted because it’s…
- Invisible, so no one can tell you’re straightening your teeth. Now you can smile proudly during treatment as well as after.
- Removable, so you can eat and drink what you want while in treatment. In addition, it makes brushing and flossing a cinch!
- Comfortable, because it has no metal to cause mouth abrasions during treatment. And no metal and wires usually means you spend less time in your doctor’s office getting adjustments.
BONUS: Invisalign also allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan when you start, so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete!
HOW DO I START?
In order to know whether Invisalign will work for you, contact us and schedule an appointment for a consultation at no cost! During the consultation, we will further inform you on the technique, how it works, pricing, and if it is the right choice of treatment for you. Pricing varies depending on the severity of your case, and the length of treatment. Click on the “Contact us” button to call for an appointment.
For many individuals that are faced with the prospect of having to wear braces to straighten their teeth, they often lament the fact that they have to wear such a noticeable dental device despite the obvious benefits of braces. However, as dental technology has progressed there is now a new, more aesthetically pleasing way of straightening your teeth. This is through Invisalign, which is a new dental technique that will help straighten a person’s teeth without being noticeable.
Utilizing a series of clear, removable aligners, Invisalign allows individuals to discreetly straighten their teeth without having to wear a noticeable and ugly dental device like braces. This is because the aligners used in Invisalign are not composed of metal or wires. Rather, Invisalign utilizes aligners that are made of clear, strong, medical grade plastic that is difficult to detect when they are worn. Visually similar to clear tooth-whitening trays, the aligners used in Invisalign are nearly invisible and many dentists have described them as contact lenses for teeth.
Invisalign works in a way that is similar to brackets and archwires by moving the teeth with invisable aligners to an appropriate place by applying a controlled force on the teeth. However, Invisalign differs from other teeth straightening devices in that not only does it control the amount of force that is placed on the patient’s teeth, Invisalign also controls the timing of the force application. Only certain teeth are allowed to move at different stages of the Invisalign procedure. The movements that Invisalign creates for the patient’s teeth have been determined by an effective orthopedic treatment plan that has been proven to work.
Additionally, Invisalign utilizes 3-D computer imaging technology that is designed to help a dentist formulate a suitable teeth-straightening plan for their patient. This imaging technology allows for the formulation of a complete treatment plan that maps how custom made aligners used by Invisalign will affect the patient’s teeth. By creating a plan that starts from the patient’s initial teeth position and ends with the patient having their desired teeth position, Invisalign can be customized for each patient’s dental needs.
For those individuals that are still not convinced of the benefits of Invisalign, Invisalign has these advantages:
- From an aesthetic point of view, Invisalign is nearly invisible. This will allow a patient to straighten their teeth without anybody noticing.
- For the sake of convenience, Invisalign is removable. This allows patients to eat and drink whatever they want, something that braces does not allow.
- Invisalign is also a comfortable way of straightening your teeth and the absence of metal brackets or wires means that there will be no mouth irritation while using Invisalign.